Natural sources of arsenic
Contaminated food [Seafoods]
Ground water used for drinking water supply
Low temperature volatilization
• ore smelting/refining/processing plants, galvanizing, etching and plating processes
• burning of fossil fuels especially in coal-fired power generation plants
• Tailings from or river bottoms near gold mining areas (past or present)
• Agricultural chemicals: Insecticides, rodenticides and fungicides
• Commercial arsenic products which include: sodium arsenite, calcium arsenate, and lead arsenate.
• "Paris green" (cupric acetoarsenite) a wood preservative.
• Burning of vegetation
Ore smelting at an industry